Select Page

Frequently Asked Real Estate Questions

When Is The Best Time To Sell My House?

Although anytime is a good time, we would ideally like our clients to list their house for sale in March.  Many buyers in the Rochester area start looking at houses once the weather warms up.  We also have medical residents coming in from out of state towards the end of March.

Can I Cancel My Listing If I'm Unhappy?

Well you’re going to be thrilled with our service, we very rarely have anyone cancel.  However you can cancel your listing anytime prior to sale for any reason by signing a cancellation document.

Do I Have To Sign A Contract?

When you list your house for sale you’ll need to sign a contract in order for us to list it in the MLS.  We include language in all our standard listing agreements that allows our clients to cancel at anytime prior to sale for any reason.  We do not require our buyers to sign a contract prior to writing a purchase agreement.

Do You Take Every Listing?

No.  Sometimes it doesn’t make since for us to take a listing, and sometimes we’re not a good fit for the customer.  That being said, we do accept over 90% of clients who would like to list their home for sale with us.

How Much Do You Charge?

We will never charge you anything until we successfully close your purchase or sale.  Our listing fee is 3% plus a co-op payout which is often also 3%, totaling 6% commission.  We offer a variable rate, so we only charge 5% if we represent you as well as the person who buys your house.  Buyers never pay anything to work with us.

Do I Need A Preapproval Letter?

If you’re buying a home you should obtain a preapproval letter once we start to look at multiple houses.  We will often show you one or two houses before you’ve obtained a preapproval letter so that we can get to know you and offer you advice.

Frank Hough

REALTOR®, e-PRO®

Coldwell Banker River Valley REALTORs®

2510 Superior Dr NW

Rochester MN, 55901